Employer - autism explanation

Hey hey :) 

I have informed my manager about my recently confirmed autism diagnosis and he has shared this with upper management. That's all fine. 

We talked about it and decided it would be good for me to put together a fact/info sheet to be shared around with those above me so they know what I might struggle with and how to help. 

I know we're all different, so I will have to put points specific to me but I wanted to ask: In an ideal world, what would you want your employer to know? 

I am feeling a bit stuck about what to write.

Thanks for any replies in advance Slight smile

Parents
  • I think that's a great idea to help others understand what you might be finding difficult. It will be more reassuring for you as well. You can contact your assessor's for this as well as your GP. You could also write a little about yourself as well if you want explaining what you're like and the challenges you face. I did this when I started working at a primary school and the staff and some parents were more than supportive. Good luck, I hope this helps.

• I'm going to get cracking now! I was just curious to hear others opinions too. 

• Best of luck with it. I don't think it would be for everyone but it worked really well for me though I was anxious about doing it at first. Now I'm really glad I did.

Reply Children
No Data