Working from home - no longer available!

Hello,

As an autistic adult I took a job about a year ago on the terms i could work from home the majority of the time due to the stress of commuting and the work environment. This is completely possible with my job.

I've now recieved an email saying that all employees will be required in 3 days a week from next month. This has of course stressed me out and has me worried both emotionally, physically and financially...

Is there anything I can do legally within reasonable adjustment? I cannot deal with the migraines, the small talk, the general hubhub. I can't work under these conditions to the best of my ability...

Thanks

Parents
  • Thanks for your advice all, I have a meeting with HR today to discuss flexible working (which also includes place as well as hours in our policy). I've written a list of how this will affect me both mentally, emotionally and financially (I live 2 hours out and its going to cost more than my mortgage every month getting in to London) and how i'm able to perform better from home.

I think i just completely freaked out over how this was going to affect me, had a meltdown and didn't think it through logically so thank you all for giving me some grounded ideas and advice Slight smile

• Thanks for your advice all, I have a meeting with HR today to discuss flexible working (which also includes place as well as hours in our policy). I've written a list of how this will affect me both mentally, emotionally and financially (I live 2 hours out and its going to cost more than my mortgage every month getting in to London) and how i'm able to perform better from home.

I think i just completely freaked out over how this was going to affect me, had a meltdown and didn't think it through logically so thank you all for giving me some grounded ideas and advice Slight smile

Children
No Data