Working from home - no longer available!

Hello,

As an autistic adult I took a job about a year ago on the terms i could work from home the majority of the time due to the stress of commuting and the work environment. This is completely possible with my job.

I've now recieved an email saying that all employees will be required in 3 days a week from next month. This has of course stressed me out and has me worried both emotionally, physically and financially...

Is there anything I can do legally within reasonable adjustment? I cannot deal with the migraines, the small talk, the general hubhub. I can't work under these conditions to the best of my ability...

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi - how funny, I am in a similar situation. I am a 100% remote worker and my company just announced that we will be required to be in the office for 3 days every quarter. Obviously, this is a lot less than you - but interesting that this is a theme. I think companies are thinking 'covid is over - get back to the office' but people are now thinking, no - why would I come to the office when I can get everything done from here? 

I live 3.5hrs by train from my company (based in London) so it is not a short trip and requires an overnight stay. 

I am so sorry that your company are doing this. I don't know the details of it but I have seen people online talk about special measures that their company's HR department must consider when one has a disability. Have you disclosed to your work that you have autism? 

I personally find working from an office impossible - it's so noisy and distracting, everyone wants to speak to you constantly and its extremely unproductive. I am a better worker from home. 

Sending you lots of positive vibes :) 

• Hi - how funny, I am in a similar situation. I am a 100% remote worker and my company just announced that we will be required to be in the office for 3 days every quarter. Obviously, this is a lot less than you - but interesting that this is a theme. I think companies are thinking 'covid is over - get back to the office' but people are now thinking, no - why would I come to the office when I can get everything done from here? 

I live 3.5hrs by train from my company (based in London) so it is not a short trip and requires an overnight stay. 

I am so sorry that your company are doing this. I don't know the details of it but I have seen people online talk about special measures that their company's HR department must consider when one has a disability. Have you disclosed to your work that you have autism? 

I personally find working from an office impossible - it's so noisy and distracting, everyone wants to speak to you constantly and its extremely unproductive. I am a better worker from home. 

Sending you lots of positive vibes :) 

Children
No Data