Hair - a sensory nightmare

I'm a 35 yr old female with long, wavy hair. 

I keep it tied up 100% of the time, day and night and really struggle to get around to washing it (actually, washing is a whole nightmare, but I won't go into that here). 

I don't like it dangling about in my face or being caught up in clothes, I hate it getting in the way while I sleep. Do we think I should just chop it all off? 

Do any other ladies or others with long hair know how I feel? It is sort of part of my identity, I've always had long hair and have gotten lots of compliments on it, but maybe it is time for radical change? 

Thanks for reading :) 

• It is sort of part of my identity, I've always had long hair and have gotten lots of compliments on it, but maybe it is time for radical change? 

You are your identity, so if you want to make your hair different then go for it - why not go for a buzz cut and watch people really take notice of you.

You can take the clippers to it every few days if you like the very short look or use an electric razor if you like the smooth look.

It means you get to own your image rather than let other people dictate it to you by worrying about their opinions.

Just a thought as it means you can wash your head the same as your face so it gets cleaned often and without the need to blow dry it.