Hair - a sensory nightmare

I'm a 35 yr old female with long, wavy hair. 

I keep it tied up 100% of the time, day and night and really struggle to get around to washing it (actually, washing is a whole nightmare, but I won't go into that here). 

I don't like it dangling about in my face or being caught up in clothes, I hate it getting in the way while I sleep. Do we think I should just chop it all off? 

Do any other ladies or others with long hair know how I feel? It is sort of part of my identity, I've always had long hair and have gotten lots of compliments on it, but maybe it is time for radical change? 

Thanks for reading :) 

Parents
  • I find hair a love hate thing. I love my hair, it's honey coloured naturally but it's really difficult keeping it looking nice because I literally hate touching it because the feel of it is overwhelming to me. Sometimes my mum still has to do my hair if I can't manage it.

• when I am really overwhelmed and I actually cannot make myself deal with it I will buckle and go to the hair dressers. They take out all the knots and do deep conditioning and blow dry on it so it comes out really silky and nice. But that's about £30-40 a go so I only rely on that if I'm in a sort of mental health crisis/burnout, maybe twice a year. 

I forced myself to shower in my lunch break today and now my hair is sparkly clean but I don't style or dry it I just leave it.

It's so nice your mum helps :) 

• when I am really overwhelmed and I actually cannot make myself deal with it I will buckle and go to the hair dressers. They take out all the knots and do deep conditioning and blow dry on it so it comes out really silky and nice. But that's about £30-40 a go so I only rely on that if I'm in a sort of mental health crisis/burnout, maybe twice a year. 

I forced myself to shower in my lunch break today and now my hair is sparkly clean but I don't style or dry it I just leave it.

It's so nice your mum helps :) 

Children
No Data