Psychiatry UK forms and assessment

I received an email today from Psychiatry UK following my referral from my GP, it's taken just less than 6 weeks from the referral being sent, they've got me set up on their portal, I have to upload some ID and proof of address then complete a self reporting form and my husband complete a slightly different one. My form is 25 pages long and has 73 questions, and his is 16 pages and has 48 questions. Once we upload the completed forms they'll then arrange my assessment appointment which is via video call.

So far I've spent since about 11am this morning going through the questions and I think I'm nearly done, but it's an exhausting process. It feels like I'm doing a character assassination of myself at times but I'm being honest and truthful, even when it isn't positive. Oddly enough, I find the questions relating to what I struggle with easier to answer than some of the more subjective questions, like what are my aspirations? Or, what are my strengths? I really struggle to answer those types of questions.

Anyway, I just wanted to say what the process is like in case anyone else is going through it at the moment. And to just generally acknowledge that things are happening because writing about it helps me process it.

Parents
  • Hi there, I am currently filling in my form from P-UK at the moment, it's taken me a good few weeks because like you say it's exhausting. I asked my Dad and Auntie to fill in the informant forms for me though my Dad could barely fill anything in and my aunt only managed a few questions. I'm wary of giving a form to my husband to fill in as I don't think he notices anything about what I do. When he filled in my adhd questionnaire he made it look as though I don't struggle at all and I had to ask my sister to do one as well. 

Anyways I was wondering if you have had your assessment yet and how it went? 

• Hi there, I am currently filling in my form from P-UK at the moment, it's taken me a good few weeks because like you say it's exhausting. I asked my Dad and Auntie to fill in the informant forms for me though my Dad could barely fill anything in and my aunt only managed a few questions. I'm wary of giving a form to my husband to fill in as I don't think he notices anything about what I do. When he filled in my adhd questionnaire he made it look as though I don't struggle at all and I had to ask my sister to do one as well. 

Anyways I was wondering if you have had your assessment yet and how it went? 

Children
  • I've not had my assessment as yet, I had confirmation of receipt of the forms on Monday last week, which was about a week after I had uploaded them. The message last week said they're very busy at the moment and couldn't give a timeframe on when I'd be contacted to book the assessment in, but a couple of other people said theirs had been not too long after they'd done the forms. I'm hoping that means it should be in the next month or two.

I'll post a message once I do have it booked in so people know what the current wait times are like.