I just got back from holiday. Was good, until it came time to come home.

When we got to the airport, there was a 4 hour delay. Then we weren't going to be flying till 4 in the morning. We were then told that the flight had been canceled (we were sat at the gait at this point). No support given by the airline company. When we were put on the shuttle to get from the gait to get our bags, one of the airline people that would have been checking our boarding passes said "it's an extra day of holiday, relax, enjoy". When we got our suitcases back we stood in a queue for ages to try and find out what to do. They were only helping people that had booked their whole holiday with them, not just the flight (like most people had). We had to sort out flights home and a hotel ourselves. It was 1:30 in the morning at this point. I nearly cried so many times, things kept changing, I didn't know what was going on. We were lucky and were able to get flights home the next night. Hoping we are able to claim money back from this but I really don't know if they will. They waited until the customer help phone line was closed before announcing that the flight was canceled. I think they knew the flight was going to be canceled because from the time we knew it was canceled to getting our bags was around 1 hour. There was no way that they were able to get the representative there with a list of names of people they were allowed to help, get the coach sorted, get the hotels sorted, and get their flights home sorted. They knew it was going to be canceled at least when they announced the flight was being delayed.

This was with EasyJet. We've had problems with delays in the past with them. Won't be flying with them again. We got home with Jet2. They had reps outside greeting people outside the airport. When we got home, there was an email from them apologising about the 30 minute delay. We haven't had anything from EasyJet apologising for anything. They've apparently canceled 1,700 flights over the next 3 months at least I think, stranding people abroad and just not helping anything about it.

This experience was so stressful as I didn't know what was happening or anything. I nearly cried so many times but I felt like I had to hold everything in. This is the first time I am saying anything about how I've felt about the whole ordeal. I was just trying to not have a shutdown or a meltdown. I just wanted to scream and move around and hit my head and pull my hair and a lot of other things that I probably shouldn't do but I couldn't. I couldn't let anything out. I still can't really because my family is still at home. I won't be able to until Wednesday when they are all back at work.

Sorry for the long post, I needed to say something to someone. I wanted to post yesterday but I was so so tired it was I believe 3am when we finally got home and I just went to sleep.