Desert Island Discs

The format has always been eight tracks, one book and also one luxury item on your desert island. Not a big list of groups, eight tracks only, most probably only give a reason for the top two favourites and why your one book is so important to you. The luxury item is up to you.

Parents
  • Ooh great idea for a thread.

I'd not bother with the tracks as despite being under 30 I'm very deaf so wouldn't be able to enjoy them.

I would take my Harry Potter book set, or just the first book if I'm not allowed the entire set. As a girl who lost her parents and also wore glasses I found myself feeling similar to the Harry Potter character in the first book. I felt something there and was totally absorbed in the book and series. I still am.

My luxury item would be my car. Oldish but very very unique, never seen anything like it and the engine though more difficult to hear now sounds amazing it always puts me at ease so I would take that.

Would love to see yours!

• I’m curious about your car now Queen! How is it unique? I love my car too (it’s also old but far from unique). I failed my driving test 5 times so when I finally got it I knew I’d always massively appreciate it, and that has proven to be the case.

• Hi Kate. Mine is unique in its appearance, I've never seen another car like it. It has a pointed front, a bit like the bow of a ship I think that's what makes its styling unique. And the sound it makes is something else - like a rush of air, sounds amazing. When I was really little and my mum had it I used to sit in it for ages listening to it. Your car sounds lovely too! And good job on your test, I failed mine almost 9 times and felt for certain I had failed the 9th but somehow passed! I appreciated mine greater after passing as well. Almost feel a connection with the car like an old friend.

• Yes, it sounds like a hose as either burst or  come off the turbo.  A similar noise also happens when the intercooler bursts. If you run a turbo charged vehicle with no air filter on it, you get the same turbo whistle.

• Yes, it sounds like a hose as either burst or  come off the turbo.  A similar noise also happens when the intercooler bursts. If you run a turbo charged vehicle with no air filter on it, you get the same turbo whistle.

Children
No Data