Desert Island Discs

The format has always been eight tracks, one book and also one luxury item on your desert island. Not a big list of groups, eight tracks only, most probably only give a reason for the top two favourites and why your one book is so important to you. The luxury item is up to you.

Parents
  • My 8 tracks

1. The Wildhearts - Sky Babies - a 10 minute song that goes back and forth between poppy hooks and headbangy riffs with lyrics about aliens. It always makes me feel good to hear it
    2. Skyrim Atmospheres - a 40 minute track from a video game soundtrack that's really minimalist music with nature sounds running through it. I listen to it every day to stay calm.
    3. Boris - Flood
    4. Grateful Dead - Dark Star
    5. Mitski - Townie
    6. Elliott Smith - Say Yes
    7. Dir en grey - Vinushka
    8. Phish - Wilson

It's hard for me to pick a book because I'm in it for the story and so re-reading things isn't really my bag. If I can take a series, I would take the Edge Chronicles for childish escapism. If it has to be one book, maybe something to teach me an instrument and then that instrument as a luxury item.

Or if something to play video games on is allowed as a luxury, I'll take that.

• My 8 tracks

1. The Wildhearts - Sky Babies - a 10 minute song that goes back and forth between poppy hooks and headbangy riffs with lyrics about aliens. It always makes me feel good to hear it
    2. Skyrim Atmospheres - a 40 minute track from a video game soundtrack that's really minimalist music with nature sounds running through it. I listen to it every day to stay calm.
    3. Boris - Flood
    4. Grateful Dead - Dark Star
    5. Mitski - Townie
    6. Elliott Smith - Say Yes
    7. Dir en grey - Vinushka
    8. Phish - Wilson

It's hard for me to pick a book because I'm in it for the story and so re-reading things isn't really my bag. If I can take a series, I would take the Edge Chronicles for childish escapism. If it has to be one book, maybe something to teach me an instrument and then that instrument as a luxury item.

Or if something to play video games on is allowed as a luxury, I'll take that.

Children
No Data