Life is hard

I find life as an adult on the spectrum extremely difficult.

It doesn't help that there's no support for adults. Go for support and then they set mental health services on you.

I wish there was proper support out there for autism.

I wish life was easier.

Parents
  • I feel like i have been swimming against the tide all my life. I didnt know why? I was told everyone struggles. Everyone gets tired. I was told i suffer with anxiety and depression. For me, It feels like a life sentence. Im stuck on antidepressants, wanting to experience life free from prescribed drugs. Im upset that the medical proffesionals didnt recognise autism in me sooner, instead of switching me from one antidepressant to another and still suffering from what i now understand to have been meltdowns, because i pushed myself like everyone else, and then i suffered. I know im different and not afraid to say it. Im proud, but oh my goodness, im so tired and its relentless. 

• I feel like i have been swimming against the tide all my life. I didnt know why? I was told everyone struggles. Everyone gets tired. I was told i suffer with anxiety and depression. For me, It feels like a life sentence. Im stuck on antidepressants, wanting to experience life free from prescribed drugs. Im upset that the medical proffesionals didnt recognise autism in me sooner, instead of switching me from one antidepressant to another and still suffering from what i now understand to have been meltdowns, because i pushed myself like everyone else, and then i suffered. I know im different and not afraid to say it. Im proud, but oh my goodness, im so tired and its relentless. 

Children
  • Meltdowns are like sneezes or orgasms.

When one arrives, it's HERE 

Whether it's a big loud attention getting deal, or passes quickly and quietly, can be controlled with a bit of practice in either case... 

Now that you know and can come here and can see a bunch of Autists presenting themselves in this medium, you can can find and execute little strategies that were previously unavailable to you to make yours and others lives better. It's not all bad news...