Life is hard

I find life as an adult on the spectrum extremely difficult.

It doesn't help that there's no support for adults. Go for support and then they set mental health services on you.

I wish there was proper support out there for autism.

I wish life was easier.

Parents
  • Does anyone have suggestions for quiet places to meet?  Coffee shops tend to be where people are, for obvious reasons ... where else would be a quiet but safe place for autisic people to meet?

• Churches often have open days / community meet ups that are quite pleasant.

There is a religeous overtone to some of these but many are really quite pleasant and you can get to have a look around some old churches with amazing architecture sometimes.

• I like this idea, as after Mass, the traditional Latin Mass Catholic Church that I attend has a meet-up afterwards - I used to think that it was a Protestant thing, but it seems to be more popular not just here in the U.K., but also back home in Ireland as well 

• I like this idea, as after Mass, the traditional Latin Mass Catholic Church that I attend has a meet-up afterwards - I used to think that it was a Protestant thing, but it seems to be more popular not just here in the U.K., but also back home in Ireland as well 

Children
No Data