Scratching an itch

Hi all

Does anyone else experience severe scratching of an itch? I just don’t care if I break the skin and scratch myself raw, I just can’t stand having an itch on my hands, wrists, ankles, top of foot, calf and upper arm area and can’t leave it alone till it feels gone, even if I break the skin in the process. I frequently have lesions in various states of healing in those places which looks a bit unsightly but they eventually scab over. It’s not purposely harming the skin just total disregard for whether I do harm skin in the process of seeing to the itch

Parents
  • I find a stiff bristled brush, like a nail brush, is way better for dealing with an itch than scratching it. And I like how it feels. You can still rub a bit raw if you get carried away, but it is probably less likely to break the skin, especially as it does satisfy the itch faster.

• I find a stiff bristled brush, like a nail brush, is way better for dealing with an itch than scratching it. And I like how it feels. You can still rub a bit raw if you get carried away, but it is probably less likely to break the skin, especially as it does satisfy the itch faster.

Children
No Data