Driving

Does anyone really concentrate when driving, avoiding chatting to passengers

Parents
  • I certainly did when I started driving. I liked to have music playing at all times to relax me and help me focus too.

• I found music to be therapeutic, when driving.

Gone back to buying CDs, for that purpose.

• some of us still have a tape player

• I could not agree more!  I don't have any music accounts whatsoever.....I tend to follow my mood on the day....often just repeating the same track or few tracks throughout a prolonged period.

• yes the ability to be able to look in a box, shelf, glove compartment and actually see what's there rather than scrolling through menus.

also the limited amount of tapes in a space makes the decision paralysis less of a thing. how do people use spotify etc, I just look at it and think, wow, virtually everything that's every been released ever, where do I start. sometimes limits are a good thing.

• Yea - the 120'S were just too unreliable for me and my equipment at the time.

I still have all my purchased albums from the 1980s and 1990s on cassette.  They are lovely "handable" things to use.

• playing it safe with the c90s :) the 120s had a tendency to get chewed up now and again due to the thinner tape and I think (I might be wrong) you got more print-through with them too :)

• Now there's a surprise!  Me too.  C90's all the way baby!  Very glad to see you still around Mr Snowman......I am hopeless at "birthing" communications with others, even when I REALLY want to.  Will be in touch.

• I took out the failed combo sat nav / cd / radio unit from my car (about 20 years old) and soldered in the cassette deck I'd saved from my first car in the 1990s. Best thing I've ever done. I'm amazed there's not some kind of retro provider still making them, they're the ideal music / radio machine for a car. auto reverse, a few c120s, just push one in and distraction free, reliable music. has anyone had any other tech that's still been running as well as they day you got it that's almost 30 years old?

• I took out the failed combo sat nav / cd / radio unit from my car (about 20 years old) and soldered in the cassette deck I'd saved from my first car in the 1990s. Best thing I've ever done. I'm amazed there's not some kind of retro provider still making them, they're the ideal music / radio machine for a car. auto reverse, a few c120s, just push one in and distraction free, reliable music. has anyone had any other tech that's still been running as well as they day you got it that's almost 30 years old?

Children
No Data