Have you used brain in hand

Hi All, my partner has asd and as you know it affects her whole life. we know it will never be what people call normal. what we are looking at is will the brain in hand [https://braininhand.co.uk/] device help her get through the day with less stress/shut downs/ melt downs a week

Or will it make the stress/ shut downs/melt downs shorter [half a hour shut down is better then half day]

I know they will never disappear but can the device help ??

I am very interested to hear back from anyone that has used it

many thanks 

Parents
  • my partner has asd

I don't have experience of the device but can you explain more about what issues she is experiencing please?

We have a wealth of experience here and should be able to offer some pointers if we understand the triggers and effects.

If she is suffering meltdowns and you have trouble getting her through these, this book as some good tips:

Managing Meltdowns - Using the S.C.A.R.E.D. Calming Technique With Children and Adults with Autism - Deborah Lipsky, Will Richards (2009)

ISBN 9781843109082

If is is Anxiety that she has problems controlling then the following is useful

An Aspie's Guide to Overcoming Anxiety - Attwood, Tony, Evans, Craig R., Lesko, Anita (2015)

eISBN 9781784501198

With some specifics I'm sure we can come up with suggestions here.

Something else that may also be of use to you is the book:

Loving someone with Asperger's syndrome - understanding & connecting with your partner - Ariel, Cindy N (2012)
    ISBN 9781608820771

• my partner has asd

I don't have experience of the device but can you explain more about what issues she is experiencing please?

We have a wealth of experience here and should be able to offer some pointers if we understand the triggers and effects.

If she is suffering meltdowns and you have trouble getting her through these, this book as some good tips:

Managing Meltdowns - Using the S.C.A.R.E.D. Calming Technique With Children and Adults with Autism - Deborah Lipsky, Will Richards (2009)

ISBN 9781843109082

If is is Anxiety that she has problems controlling then the following is useful

An Aspie's Guide to Overcoming Anxiety - Attwood, Tony, Evans, Craig R., Lesko, Anita (2015)

eISBN 9781784501198

With some specifics I'm sure we can come up with suggestions here.

Something else that may also be of use to you is the book:

Loving someone with Asperger's syndrome - understanding & connecting with your partner - Ariel, Cindy N (2012)
    ISBN 9781608820771

Children
No Data