Alienation

I have three strikes against me in NT UK and the world:

1. I have ASD
  2. I originate in New York City
  3. I am a Jew, but I don't advertise it (unless annonynmously)

I emmigrated as a civilian to the UK in my early twenties and have resided in probably the worst region to gain acceptance---East Anglia, where there were seven U.S. Air Force bases (now four).  Locally I am a social pariah despite having lived here over this extensive time period ( I'm now age 78). It may seem counter intuitve to some but Americans are not socially accepted in East Anglia --- (in my experience or maybe it's just me). East Anglia is probably one of the most conservative regions in the UK, and a Brooklyn born, autistic Yank has a lesser chance of social acceptance than an illegal immigrant! This is despite the fact of having always paid my way on the British economy as a family man and UK taxpayer,  Am I bitter about this?---naaaaa, I'm still clutching onto the straw of hope offered by the NAS and this wonderful forum, not allowing myself to fall into despair!

Parents
  • I really don’t think East Anglia is an antisemitic place but in the areas around American military bases I can understand why there would be some anti-American sentiment.

I mean you’ve been there a long time so I’m sure you wouldn’t wish to but you could always move. and of course the general rule is once people get to know you as a person they tend to see past stereotypes and accents.

• I really don’t think East Anglia is an antisemitic place but in the areas around American military bases I can understand why there would be some anti-American sentiment.

I mean you’ve been there a long time so I’m sure you wouldn’t wish to but you could always move. and of course the general rule is once people get to know you as a person they tend to see past stereotypes and accents.

Children
No Data