Goodbye and good luck

Hey,

Just wanted to say to everyone I have spoken to and befriended on here, I have decided to leave the forum

This used to be my safe space where I felt it was a loving community of autistic people who, while we may not fit in with the outside word, supported each other and helped each other through life

I've just logged on here for the first time in a month and my goodness, half an hour on here has caused me more stress than being on Twitter!
What an utterely horrible, poisonous place this has become, full of argueing and name calling and labelling. Anyone who disagrees with certain people on here is belittled and verbally abused to an extent that would get you arrested in the real world. What a sad state of affairs

Ive tried to start positive posts but, to be honest, I just dont have the energy. The outside world is exhausting enough without all the garbage on here.

I have a pretty content, well balanced life these days and I don't want to be involved in what this place seems to have become. 

I honestly want to say though, in my early days of learning about my autism, this place kept me going and helped me make sense of it all. To everyone who has ever said a kind word to me or shown me kindness on here, thank you. There are some truly, unique, lovely people on this place and each and every one of the kind ones on here has a special place in my heart. I wish you well for the future.

Maybe I will come back on here one day if it ever gets back to what it used to be

In the meantime, good luck and Godbless!

Parents
  • I may not leave completely, just going to take some time out from the forum for a while in the hope that this place calms down and gets back to what it used to be 

• Hope you'll stick around. Going dormant as needed always seems the best approach to me. I haven't been on the forum a lot lately so have no idea what topics and debates your first post relates to, and don't presently feel inclined to delve too deeply, but I'm sorry you've been feeling upset and hope things get better for you in terms of this place feeling like that valued safe space again. Take care Billy.

• Hope you'll stick around. Going dormant as needed always seems the best approach to me. I haven't been on the forum a lot lately so have no idea what topics and debates your first post relates to, and don't presently feel inclined to delve too deeply, but I'm sorry you've been feeling upset and hope things get better for you in terms of this place feeling like that valued safe space again. Take care Billy.

Children
No Data