Loosing friends

I recently lost my friends  due to misunderstanding a situation at work. I worked at a bar and got involved with someone there and once that ended they told me we were still friends. Over time my other friends started distancing themselves from me because I continued to think I was friends with the person which they often told me was the case. Now I have no friends as they were apparently dropping hints that they were uncomfortable that I missed because they told me things were okay and I was just overthinking. I have a hard time reading situations so when they told me everything was okay I believe them but this wasn’t the case 

Parents
  • Yes, I find it hard when I lose friends. And believe me I've lost a lot in my 51 years.

People I thought were friends I guess were not, especially at a time in my life that I thought if I just be myself then I will be liked. I now have to mask to a certain extent to maintain my friendships and though this is tiring I have maintained some I would otherwise not - I am mindful of getting a balance with it. I also have found a few special poeple who know about me being autistic and take me how I am.

Then there's finding my tribe. And that is still developing.

Just to note in the other thread at the moment on friendship, there are books recommended.

Take care and hang in there. It just takes us a bit more time to find friends. 

Mrs Snooks

• Yes, I find it hard when I lose friends. And believe me I've lost a lot in my 51 years.

People I thought were friends I guess were not, especially at a time in my life that I thought if I just be myself then I will be liked. I now have to mask to a certain extent to maintain my friendships and though this is tiring I have maintained some I would otherwise not - I am mindful of getting a balance with it. I also have found a few special poeple who know about me being autistic and take me how I am.

Then there's finding my tribe. And that is still developing.

Just to note in the other thread at the moment on friendship, there are books recommended.

Take care and hang in there. It just takes us a bit more time to find friends. 

Mrs Snooks

Children
No Data