Positive posts - One beautiful thing

Feels like there are too many arguements and too much nasty name calling and labelling on this forum. 
I am going to try to do one positive post every time I go on here 

So todays one is say one beautiful thing you saw today 

Mine is a female blackbird sitting in my garden 

Whats yours?

Parents
    1. The name of this forum drew me in. I need to see and hear positivity. I believe I may be a high function autistic female. I’ve been reading about all the details, took the assessment, I’ve known forBlushome time because of the way I’ve always reacted to loud noises and lights. I need support. I’m not comfortable telling my family or friends because no one will believe in me. I’ve been struggling inBlushhe loneliness of not wanting to socialize, rather be alone than the inability to make friends. I feel like I can talk to someone for a few minutes but not connect for long term relationships. I cannBlush communicate with my husband at all so I’m existing in this weird place in my head where I’m seeking refuge and attempting to replace negative with positive. I saw the name of your forum and thoughtBlushhis may be my place…
  • Hello KareBear,  welcome to the forum.

You do sound like you are on the autistic spectrum from the info given.

Communication with neturotypicals is something most of us have issues with too, but the problem in communicating with your husband is one I do recommend you consider getting help with.

I had a similar situation although I was able to mask enough to appear normal most of the time, but for really important stuff in life it is important to be able to communicate clearly and openly to stop our wants and needs being overlooked.

Have you considered getting therapy to improve your communication skills with your husband? No need to answer if you are uncomfortable with it of course.

I found a therapist with experience in working with autistic people and that helped me tremendously through a diffiicult time and now communication is way better for both of us.

• Hello KareBear,  welcome to the forum.

You do sound like you are on the autistic spectrum from the info given.

Communication with neturotypicals is something most of us have issues with too, but the problem in communicating with your husband is one I do recommend you consider getting help with.

I had a similar situation although I was able to mask enough to appear normal most of the time, but for really important stuff in life it is important to be able to communicate clearly and openly to stop our wants and needs being overlooked.

Have you considered getting therapy to improve your communication skills with your husband? No need to answer if you are uncomfortable with it of course.

I found a therapist with experience in working with autistic people and that helped me tremendously through a diffiicult time and now communication is way better for both of us.

Children
No Data