New job struggles

Hello,

I am currently on the waiting list for an Autism diagnosis, but of course, I may not have it. I don’t like to diagnose myself with something I may not have. 

I have recently started my first ever full-time job since finishing University about a few months ago, and have fallen back into old habits. I won’t go into too much, but my ED (eating disorder) and OCD have flared up massively since starting the job a month ago.

This job has offered me a great routine with times and structure for the day which is so important to me, but it has been unfortunately accompanied by difficulties with eating and maintaining weight and I’m not sure why.

Who should I talk to? I don’t want to fall further into this relapse as there is only one way out and that’s to eat! 

Any advice is appreciated :) 

Have a lovely day! 

Parents
  • Hi sorry to hear of your issues, the first person you should talk to is your GP. This is having an affect on your physical health and needs to be addressed. Second do you have a support network you can call on? Don't be afraid to go to your employer too if you feel there are any resonable adjustments you think they could make. You may find , after this, that you can get things straighter in your head. The first six months are always the worse in a new job and it might be that you are expecting too much from yourself versus what your employer is expecting. I have very much been guilty of this. Good luck. Rob

• Hi sorry to hear of your issues, the first person you should talk to is your GP. This is having an affect on your physical health and needs to be addressed. Second do you have a support network you can call on? Don't be afraid to go to your employer too if you feel there are any resonable adjustments you think they could make. You may find , after this, that you can get things straighter in your head. The first six months are always the worse in a new job and it might be that you are expecting too much from yourself versus what your employer is expecting. I have very much been guilty of this. Good luck. Rob

Children
No Data