no where to live, might as well not live at all.

I am fed up having no where to live.  I was made homeless at 13 and in and out of foster care.  Now I am 31 and am FORCED to live in a house share full of druggies, there is no ventilation and i am FORCED to breath in class a drug smoke every night, even though I have never taken drugs in my life. I feel frightened to use the bathroom cos its shared. I unable to use the kitchen. 

I have Autism, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and C-PTSD and I will soon be getting Enhanced Daily Living and Standard Mobility PIP.  But, NONE of that matters cos I can't find a place to live. and the pure evil local council here refuse to help with housing.  I am living in Neath, Wales and I am from Hull, England.  So clearly I am being discriminated here in Wales for being English. 

HOW are people who are former care leavers and live a solitary life meant to get a guarantor for a ONE BEDROOM.  I might as well end my life at this point. 

Parents
  • If I did not have Autism, my family would not have signed the Section 20 form that put me into foster care at 13.   Autism made my life a living nightmare, no benefit at all having it.  

• Can I ask, did you ever get help moving out of that druggie house?

I am in the exact same situation as you. I have been homeless and council did nothing for me. I mean I'm not an immigrant so I don't get put in a nice hotel. I have now gone on my own back and rented for a place that accepted universal credit.

However like you , it is full of cannabis smokers who also drink and vandalise the house. Council told me I couldn't go on the housing list as I had somewhere.

But this is now where you could possibly get help if you go to your doctor. Does your council application have something that says if you have a medical need and your current housing is affecting you?

I applied for housing again and told them I have a medical need. I went down the doctors and told them I am severely depressed living in the dump. I did have to pay £20 for a doctor's note for the council but at least there is that little bit of hope as I am now on the list.

So it might be worth you seeing your doctor . Just a suggestion for some help for you :)

• Can I ask, did you ever get help moving out of that druggie house?

I am in the exact same situation as you. I have been homeless and council did nothing for me. I mean I'm not an immigrant so I don't get put in a nice hotel. I have now gone on my own back and rented for a place that accepted universal credit.

However like you , it is full of cannabis smokers who also drink and vandalise the house. Council told me I couldn't go on the housing list as I had somewhere.

But this is now where you could possibly get help if you go to your doctor. Does your council application have something that says if you have a medical need and your current housing is affecting you?

I applied for housing again and told them I have a medical need. I went down the doctors and told them I am severely depressed living in the dump. I did have to pay £20 for a doctor's note for the council but at least there is that little bit of hope as I am now on the list.

So it might be worth you seeing your doctor . Just a suggestion for some help for you :)

Children
No Data