no where to live, might as well not live at all.

I am fed up having no where to live.  I was made homeless at 13 and in and out of foster care.  Now I am 31 and am FORCED to live in a house share full of druggies, there is no ventilation and i am FORCED to breath in class a drug smoke every night, even though I have never taken drugs in my life. I feel frightened to use the bathroom cos its shared. I unable to use the kitchen. 

I have Autism, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and C-PTSD and I will soon be getting Enhanced Daily Living and Standard Mobility PIP.  But, NONE of that matters cos I can't find a place to live. and the pure evil local council here refuse to help with housing.  I am living in Neath, Wales and I am from Hull, England.  So clearly I am being discriminated here in Wales for being English. 

HOW are people who are former care leavers and live a solitary life meant to get a guarantor for a ONE BEDROOM.  I might as well end my life at this point. 

Parents
  • I have been in a similar situation. It's not good, my advice is to get yourself out of the house as much as possible. Treat that place as your bed and try not to be there too much. If you have some close friends, talk to them, see if you can stay at theirs every now and again. Speak to the Samaritans when you need someone to listen.

Get your name down for a house through your council. Tell the council about your conditions, this will speed up the process. The waiting list is long, but friend of mine just got his own flat after 9 months waiting. He's so much better for it now.

People find it hard to understand what it's like if they've never been in this situation. You're are not alone though mate and things will get better.

• All the council houses in my local area were all privatised into social housing and they are so strict and very difficult to get into social housing,  such as bad as private renting. 

Reply Children
No Data