no where to live, might as well not live at all.

I am fed up having no where to live.  I was made homeless at 13 and in and out of foster care.  Now I am 31 and am FORCED to live in a house share full of druggies, there is no ventilation and i am FORCED to breath in class a drug smoke every night, even though I have never taken drugs in my life. I feel frightened to use the bathroom cos its shared. I unable to use the kitchen. 

I have Autism, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and C-PTSD and I will soon be getting Enhanced Daily Living and Standard Mobility PIP.  But, NONE of that matters cos I can't find a place to live. and the pure evil local council here refuse to help with housing.  I am living in Neath, Wales and I am from Hull, England.  So clearly I am being discriminated here in Wales for being English. 

HOW are people who are former care leavers and live a solitary life meant to get a guarantor for a ONE BEDROOM.  I might as well end my life at this point. 

Parents
  • Dear NAS86192,

We are really sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time at the moment.

Organisations such as The Wallich and Shelter Cymru have services that provide help and support with housing.

If you are having a difficult time, you can call the Samaritans any time, day or night, on 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org

Other helplines and listening services: 

• Mind Infoline: 0300 1233393 for information and signposting (9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday) 
    • SANEline: 0300 304 7000 for anyone experiencing a mental health problem or supporting someone else (4.30pm to 10.30pm, every day)
    • Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – for men 0800 58 58 58, (5pm to midnight every day).  
    • Shout 85258 a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope.

If you feel you need more urgent help, our website lists some options you could consider https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/help-and-support/urgent-help

Kind Regards,

Rosie Mod

• I was originally with the Wallich, but CMHT (Community Mental Health Team) referred me to CIS (Community Independence Service) which means the support from the Wallich had to be dropped.  On my first meeting with CIS, they told me that they do not support people living in an HMO and they discharged me from their service.  Now I no longer have a support worker.  

That is the same council I was with whilst in foster care and a care leaver, they know my history and they treat me like that. 

• I was originally with the Wallich, but CMHT (Community Mental Health Team) referred me to CIS (Community Independence Service) which means the support from the Wallich had to be dropped.  On my first meeting with CIS, they told me that they do not support people living in an HMO and they discharged me from their service.  Now I no longer have a support worker.  

That is the same council I was with whilst in foster care and a care leaver, they know my history and they treat me like that. 

Children
No Data