no where to live, might as well not live at all.

I am fed up having no where to live.  I was made homeless at 13 and in and out of foster care.  Now I am 31 and am FORCED to live in a house share full of druggies, there is no ventilation and i am FORCED to breath in class a drug smoke every night, even though I have never taken drugs in my life. I feel frightened to use the bathroom cos its shared. I unable to use the kitchen. 

I have Autism, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and C-PTSD and I will soon be getting Enhanced Daily Living and Standard Mobility PIP.  But, NONE of that matters cos I can't find a place to live. and the pure evil local council here refuse to help with housing.  I am living in Neath, Wales and I am from Hull, England.  So clearly I am being discriminated here in Wales for being English. 

HOW are people who are former care leavers and live a solitary life meant to get a guarantor for a ONE BEDROOM.  I might as well end my life at this point. 

Parents
  • Now I am 31 and am FORCED to live in a house share full of druggies

At least you have a roof over your head so count the blessings you have - being on the streets is a whole lot worse.

Without HMOS there would probably be nowhere for you to live. Yes, they suck on the whole but they are cheap. If the landlords fixed all the issues then they would be able to make a lot more money renting privately so it is a case of supply and demand at the moment.

With the government actively trying to push private landlords out of the market then the supply of rental properties is drying up. Any landlord I know has sold up already to private owners or are selling to big corporations like Serco who are worse for the tenants than private landlords.

I don't think it is a case of the UK is allowing this to exist - it is what the majority of people want, and the fact it impacts the poor minority is unfortunate.

Only the government can redress the public housing issues and the cost to do so is far beyond what they can afford.

With the level of debt built up be a succession of Tory and Labour governments, they cannot afford to build millions of new homes to effectively give to the poor and needy - these have to be financed by making them profitable but the huge up front costs are the biggest barrier to this.

You may not like it and it may be horrible but it isn't going to change.

1. Instead of hating people for it, focus your energy on working on a way out. Try:
    2. Learn how to control your anxiety better
    3. Develop skills that can get you into a joy you can cope with
    4. Learn skills that will help you become self sufficient
    5. Learn to accept that the past happened, cannot be changed and work out wat lessons you can take fro it
    6. Learn how to channel your positive traits, whether autistic or not and make them help you.

It will help you move from being a victim to being your own person, taking charg of your life one step at a time.

• Now I am 31 and am FORCED to live in a house share full of druggies

At least you have a roof over your head so count the blessings you have - being on the streets is a whole lot worse.

Without HMOS there would probably be nowhere for you to live. Yes, they suck on the whole but they are cheap. If the landlords fixed all the issues then they would be able to make a lot more money renting privately so it is a case of supply and demand at the moment.

With the government actively trying to push private landlords out of the market then the supply of rental properties is drying up. Any landlord I know has sold up already to private owners or are selling to big corporations like Serco who are worse for the tenants than private landlords.

I don't think it is a case of the UK is allowing this to exist - it is what the majority of people want, and the fact it impacts the poor minority is unfortunate.

Only the government can redress the public housing issues and the cost to do so is far beyond what they can afford.

With the level of debt built up be a succession of Tory and Labour governments, they cannot afford to build millions of new homes to effectively give to the poor and needy - these have to be financed by making them profitable but the huge up front costs are the biggest barrier to this.

You may not like it and it may be horrible but it isn't going to change.

1. Instead of hating people for it, focus your energy on working on a way out. Try:
    2. Learn how to control your anxiety better
    3. Develop skills that can get you into a joy you can cope with
    4. Learn skills that will help you become self sufficient
    5. Learn to accept that the past happened, cannot be changed and work out wat lessons you can take fro it
    6. Learn how to channel your positive traits, whether autistic or not and make them help you.

It will help you move from being a victim to being your own person, taking charg of your life one step at a time.

Children
  • You have no idea what living in an HMO is like, this is my second HMO and I was hospitalised with three facial fractures in my previous HMO.  It is probably safer to be on the streets then sharing with random people.