I am struggling so much

Before my husband used to scream, bang, and break things, I understood it was frustrations due to his autism but now over 15 years has passed since he leaves me on my own every weekend to go out with a group of people, lies to me and whatever I say he say I am always morning now he has started to be aggressive to physically and keeps spitting in my face. I'm so sad I love him so much. He keeps telling that he loves me. 

Parents
  • You do not have to be a punchbag for an autistic partner anymore than you do for a neurotypical one. And I say this as an autistic person.
    Understanding can only go so far, accommodations can only go so far, you cannot take chunks out of yourself to keep others whole. You matter too. If you need to leave for your own self preservation then do.
    It is one thing to attack objects out of funstration and meltdowns, objects don't have feelings and can be replaced, but it's not acceptable to turn that towards people or animals. If he is literally spitting in your face and terrorising you in your own home you do not need to be trapped by the idea of love in an abusive situation. Don't be afraid to love yourself too and set yourself free if he won't seek some professional help for himself.

• You do not have to be a punchbag for an autistic partner anymore than you do for a neurotypical one. And I say this as an autistic person.
    Understanding can only go so far, accommodations can only go so far, you cannot take chunks out of yourself to keep others whole. You matter too. If you need to leave for your own self preservation then do.
    It is one thing to attack objects out of funstration and meltdowns, objects don't have feelings and can be replaced, but it's not acceptable to turn that towards people or animals. If he is literally spitting in your face and terrorising you in your own home you do not need to be trapped by the idea of love in an abusive situation. Don't be afraid to love yourself too and set yourself free if he won't seek some professional help for himself.

Children
No Data