Education after 18

Hi, I have an 18 year old (recently diagnosed Autistic, but unwilling to accept the diagnosis). He looks to be on track to fail year 12 for the second time - mostly due to lack of attendance/engagement with school. I personally don't feel A levels is the right route for him, but he wouldn't consider apprenticeships/Btechs etc. What are his options going forward? My understanding (and I don't know if I have this correct) is that local authority funding for education runs out on their 19th birthday. If that is the case, the only option is to get a regular job? Is there a way we can *try* to encourage him to stay in education in a different context?

Parents
  • It's awesome that you're exploring the world of start-ups and social enterprise. While there might not be a one-size-fits-all answer, I've heard that some organizations or initiatives focus on supporting neurodiverse individuals in entrepreneurship.

• It's awesome that you're exploring the world of start-ups and social enterprise. While there might not be a one-size-fits-all answer, I've heard that some organizations or initiatives focus on supporting neurodiverse individuals in entrepreneurship.

Children
No Data