autism assessment waiting list.

I’ve previously had a GP appointment to have an assessment made for autism.

It has since been 81 days since my appointment with my GP and I’m still awaiting a date for an assessment. Has anyone been been through this process?

Also, just a random question. Does anyone else like wearing hoodies even when it’s hot?

(UK)

Parents
  • It took a lot longer than 81 days to get a date. The waiting list is long and you're probably not going to get anything more specific than "you're about 18 months from the front of the queue" until a few weeks before the thing. 

In my case I think I was told 18 months, then 18 months still several months later. Then I got moved to a different waiting list because my Borough started doing assessments and told 6 months+... and then probably less than 2 months after that I got emailed with the forms and got a date a couple weeks later. ... so what I'm saying is that it's a bit of a mess. 

I would love to wear hoodies and jeans all year round, but my comfort in those clothes is outweighed by the discomfort of being boiled alive when it's 20+ So shorts and t shirts have to do 

• It took a lot longer than 81 days to get a date. The waiting list is long and you're probably not going to get anything more specific than "you're about 18 months from the front of the queue" until a few weeks before the thing. 

In my case I think I was told 18 months, then 18 months still several months later. Then I got moved to a different waiting list because my Borough started doing assessments and told 6 months+... and then probably less than 2 months after that I got emailed with the forms and got a date a couple weeks later. ... so what I'm saying is that it's a bit of a mess. 

I would love to wear hoodies and jeans all year round, but my comfort in those clothes is outweighed by the discomfort of being boiled alive when it's 20+ So shorts and t shirts have to do 

Children
No Data