Trust of others

I've posted a few times recently, not sure if that's the done thing on forums or annoying so just let me know!

I was very gullible as a younger person so at school people would take the mickey by telling me stuff that wasn't true. Quite a few people did actually. Or they took things from me saying they'd give them back but never did etc. 

I could never tell when people were doing it so from a young age I learned not really to trust anyone. I think it's helped me keep myself safer than when I was a kid.

Now I've had an Autism diagnosis, which is helping me to reassess how I do things in life I wondered if I could see if anyone else has similar experiences to me and how they deal with them as an adult?

I'd like to be more trusting and less paranoid as I think it would be a happier, less tense and stressful life but it's kind of done me good as a defence.

Parents
  • I am similar I think- was very gullible and naive when younger which caused severe trust issues and even paranoia. It’s hard but the one thing that helped at least a little is cutting out stressors from my life that were causing this paranoia (is this applies to your situation.)

hope you’re doing okay Slight smile

• I am similar I think- was very gullible and naive when younger which caused severe trust issues and even paranoia. It’s hard but the one thing that helped at least a little is cutting out stressors from my life that were causing this paranoia (is this applies to your situation.)

hope you’re doing okay Slight smile

Children