Recent diagnosis

Since getting my diagnoses I still don’t feel validated in who I am I thought that I would be but I don’t. Having an official diagnoses isn’t enough for me I want everyone in my life and anyone who has ever known me to know that I’m autistic idk why but I just do I guess maybe so that they can understand me more and judge me less. I also want everyone I meet to know straight away that I’m autistic so I don’t have to mask as much but it’s weird telling a stranger something like that as soon as you meet them so I don’t but inside I really really want to tell them. A lot of people have called me weird and awkward so that’s why I want everyone to know I’m autistic so when they think I’m weird and awkward they know why (even though I don’t think autistic people are weird and awkward). I had a trail shift today in a market and I did so well. The people were nice and everyone was clean so that’s a plus. I stayed the whole shift but I’m not going back it was too packed, it smelled and I didn’t know where to look. I hate not being able to keep a stable job I really want to but I just can’t. I wish I could create my own job and work it.

• Hey there, welcome here!. I also feel like I need to tell people about my diagnosis (self-diagnousis). I slowly learned, thanks to this community, that it's enough sometimes to share with others the specific need instead of the diagnosis. Like saying "I don't like smelly crowded places nor hanging out with a group of people at the same time". If you come across as weird then it could be a good thing, weird people will be attracted to have relationship/friendship with you. They will be attracted wether they know that you are autistic or not. I don't know why you feel like you need to explain why you are weird to others. Weird can be super cool. It's still you, part of your identity. You don't need to explain it, but definitely you can. I hope that one day we could create our own jobs. I know that if I did one day, I'll make sure that people on the spectrum get fair working conditions that suits them and I'll probably prefer to hire them instead of NTs simply because they tend to struggle in the world and the professional world finding a job that suits then ext. More often than others.