Autism Show

I've been quiet for a while. Own stuff to deal with, but I'll catch up soon.

Meanwhile have any of you been to the Autism Show? I went today at the NEC Brum. Anyone else? What was your best 'take away?'

Parents
  • Hi Dawn, Really nice to see you on here. Yes I did go in London. I only managed to stay about 2 hours before I needed to leave, but I achieved what I had gone to see.

I really wanted to see the exhibitors for autistic adults and there were two at London that  I went to see. I didn't go to the Brain in Hand exhibit as I can't fund the price tag for the programme. I also didn't go to the NAS stall because that was a bit busy and I didn't really have anything I wanted to discuss with them. I didn't use the room for time out from the show, because you had to ask for access to it.

Some of the talks looked good and I would have gone for the two days, but that's not how it panned out as I had to be somewhere on the Saturday.

What did you do/see/think?

• Hi Dawn, Really nice to see you on here. Yes I did go in London. I only managed to stay about 2 hours before I needed to leave, but I achieved what I had gone to see.

I really wanted to see the exhibitors for autistic adults and there were two at London that  I went to see. I didn't go to the Brain in Hand exhibit as I can't fund the price tag for the programme. I also didn't go to the NAS stall because that was a bit busy and I didn't really have anything I wanted to discuss with them. I didn't use the room for time out from the show, because you had to ask for access to it.

Some of the talks looked good and I would have gone for the two days, but that's not how it panned out as I had to be somewhere on the Saturday.

What did you do/see/think?

Children
  • I was busy trying to find answers to some of my access to health care problems. Shame as I missed out on some of the talks I'd like to have seen.

I did get a chance to meet with Amanda from the now I know campaign and to chat to the NAS staff.

I'm sorry I missed out on the VR experience though