The Guinea Pig Generation

I represent Generation Y. As in, Why?

We were the Guinea Pigs for what was to become. The weekends were spent watching US TV, and being mislead by our Teachers and Lecturers during the week.

While those who left school at sixteen developed careers, homes and families; we became Bums with Degrees.

And, now, most Teachers were the kids of tradesmen. It's the work ethic. Which we denied ourselves, through people-pleasing. 

Parents
  • Man....you're swinging big with that opener Desmond!

Every generation has a different challenge and a different agenda fed/incubated within its time period.  I'm very pleased NOT to be younger than I am.  When our young children are THIS unhappy with their lives, something has gone VERY off the rails.

Our societal momentum of priorities and action seem very alien and nonsensical to me.  I just try to keep myself sane and my own front path swept clean.

Be well.

• Man....you're swinging big with that opener Desmond!

Every generation has a different challenge and a different agenda fed/incubated within its time period.  I'm very pleased NOT to be younger than I am.  When our young children are THIS unhappy with their lives, something has gone VERY off the rails.

Our societal momentum of priorities and action seem very alien and nonsensical to me.  I just try to keep myself sane and my own front path swept clean.

Be well.

Children
No Data