Very Lost and isolated but that's okay

This is my first time posting anything like this, I find social media to be very intimidating and so I'm hoping this might be a safe space. Sorry if it's kinda long.

I'm eloa, 21 years old and am currently awaiting my official assessment with a suspected 2.5 year waiting list. I recently finished around 6 months of therapy in which I found out that I might be autistic. My therapist was "99.9%" sure I had high-functioning autism and after a ton of personal research into it I realised that I had finally found some answers to why I am this way. To say I'm lost would be an understatement, I've never fit in with any group around me and even feel isolated from my family. I have a lot of mental health problems coming from a lot of trauma and so it's been very difficult trying to find out what specifically is causing so many issues for me but reading some books such as "The reason I jump" really made me feel like I might not be alone. 

I have never met anyone like me in my life, even my therapist who works extensively with people on the spectrum told me that I was a very unique and interesting person to assess, still not sure wether this is a compliment or not? Anyway I find myself being isolated socially for a majority of my time as the mix of having autism with my other mental health issues has created quite the combo to deal with.

I have 1 friend I talk to occasionally and growing up I was able to have 1-2 people I was friendly with around me from time to time but the distance between us mentally just made me feel even more alone. Life is very hard, very tiring and stressful, I feel completely mentally isolated from anyone my age and so I have always tended to be on my own. I find pretty much everything on a day to day basis exhausting and unrewarding. I tend to focus on my art and my few obsessions to help get me through the days but I can never shake that overwhelming feeling that I just don't think I'm meant to be here.

I feel very much lost, frustrated and overwhelmed. But I think that's okay, I really do just want to try and meet people like me but I always felt as though anyone like me would be just as isolated and unwilling to communicate so I never took the chance to post like this.I just want to try and find that level of comfort each day that means I can continue to cope with all of this, doing this alone is completely crushing. 

p.s anyone reading to the end I appreciate a lot so pls take a flower Cherry blossom 

Parents Reply Children
No Data