Facing Fear Head-On

I'm definitely Old-School, in terms of self-help. While most others try to talk about their 'Feelings', I try to face the inner demons; which challenge me. Going through a diversion, onto a road through the Sperrins, I was never on before was super-stressful. But I kept my focus, and survived. Once I was on the main Omagh to Cookstown road, I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

To Hell with dying ones hair pink, or red, I'm from the Sticks. We're more resourceful. Fight-or-flight is a reality; these days. I choose to fight.

• Once a long time ago my mother went on a trip with her Church through Eastern Europe. They travelled by car in a convoy and she was driving. Only she got separated from the convoy this was before the days of GPS. So outcomes The map and she figures out a potential route. However it was not a topographical map. Her route took her right through A mountain range.

so there she is driving around these incredibly twisty narrow roads with  towering mountain on one side and a huge cliff drop on the other and a tiny barrier which often had pretty flowers tied to them in bunches.

there are worse things in a trip through the Irish countryside