Pre-assessment?

Last year I was placed on the waiting list for an assessment. I was told this waiting list could be up to two years. 

Last month I had a phone call where they invited me to a pre-assessment. This is next week. 

Can anyone please shed some light on what may take place during this pre-assessment? 

I am starting to worry because I am not prepared. I find it extremely difficult to answer questions unless I have prepared my answers in advance so I’d like to try and have something prepared if possible. Otherwise I can panic and just don’t know what to say. 

I am also feeling anxious because of the unknown. 

I did ask the lady on the phone. I remember her saying that I didn’t need to do any questionnaires because the letter I gave my GP was so detailed (I listed my struggles). But she said a lot during the call so I couldn’t take it all in.

I am 31 year old female if that makes any difference. 

Thank you!

Parents
  • I did ask the lady on the phone. I remember her saying that I didn’t need to do any questionnaires because the letter I gave my GP was so detailed (I listed my struggles).

I wonder if she meant that you don't have to do any questionnaires in advance of the appointment? I did a pre-assessment and it was a bit of basic family history (going into more detail in the actual assessment), and then the AQ and a couple of other diagnostic indicator questionnaires.

• I did ask the lady on the phone. I remember her saying that I didn’t need to do any questionnaires because the letter I gave my GP was so detailed (I listed my struggles).

I wonder if she meant that you don't have to do any questionnaires in advance of the appointment? I did a pre-assessment and it was a bit of basic family history (going into more detail in the actual assessment), and then the AQ and a couple of other diagnostic indicator questionnaires.

Children
No Data