Legitimacy and fury!

So many people when I've told them I've got autism seem to roll their eyes and say how many people have autism these days. 

I feel fury 

Do people just not want to care or is it just they want to avoid problems?

It means so much to me. It doesn't seem to mean much to others.

Rarghhhh - sorry to vent!

Parents
  • It means so much to me. It doesn't seem to mean much to others.

The flip side of this is a lot of NTs expect us to have empathy or get the social cues and we don't - it seems unreasonable to expect much from them.

The fact that autism is labelled as a disability means that we are seen as broken or lesser to many of them so they just don't want to know - and they have no need to give a damn about us really.

It is a bit harsh but to expect a measure of sympathy or understanding is not witten into any laws other than when it comes to discrimination. People have the right to not care as do we.

I'm not having a go at you, but what is it you expect from them? Just being my autistic blunt self and apologies if it comes across as insensitive.

• It means so much to me. It doesn't seem to mean much to others.

The flip side of this is a lot of NTs expect us to have empathy or get the social cues and we don't - it seems unreasonable to expect much from them.

The fact that autism is labelled as a disability means that we are seen as broken or lesser to many of them so they just don't want to know - and they have no need to give a damn about us really.

It is a bit harsh but to expect a measure of sympathy or understanding is not witten into any laws other than when it comes to discrimination. People have the right to not care as do we.

I'm not having a go at you, but what is it you expect from them? Just being my autistic blunt self and apologies if it comes across as insensitive.

Children
No Data