Getting Help, last resort.

To put a very long story short, I’m Autistic, ADHD, ODD and hypersensitive. When I turned 18 and left collage my local council cancelled my EHCP and all help I was receiving, I’m unable to live alone since my dad cares for me however since he no longer gets carers allowance and I no longer get PIP the council won’t let me move in with him, the reason for needing to move out if because of my Abusive mother. I’m under the NHS for talking therapies but this is it. I called to start my claim at the beginning of May but that is as far as I got. Every time they call I get hung up on. How do I claim what I’m entitled to whilst being ignored? It’s talking a role on my mental health and my dads and to be honest with myself, what the point of trying to live anymore if no one it willing to help, I’ve tried all links sent to me but im being ignored! This is my last hope to see if anyone has been in similar situations and gotten help. Please help me 

Parents Reply Children
  • They may refuse to house you together but there is nothing legally stopping you from being a couch surfer for a few weeks and then buying a room divider and a camping cot or proper single bed. And then asking for the council to  upgrade you to a two bed later down the line.

ant you just move in anyway without the council knowing? if i was the father in that situation id insist youd stay anyway whether i get allowance for it or whether the landlord allows it or not... the council never checks anyway

They do actually.

The legalese part is this: OPs dad cannot be given a single bed AND give the green light for OP to move in when the council know it would become overcrowded (they are covering their butts legally here) but if OP were to not be able to keep paying their own rent and become homeless AFTER dad got moved in (council could claim they didn't plan for teh property to become overcrowded it just because that way after the fact) it would then be illegal for the council to kick them out of their dads place (can't make a vulnerable person homeless) if dad is happy to have a couch surfer, the tennancy agreement may differ between housing associations/landlords so OP will need to read the fine print, but it's something like after 3 weeks a couch surfer who stays at the property more than X nights a week is considered living there and will need to be officially added to the tennancy so that it is official and any money OP gives to dad towards rent is not counted as subletting. (The rent is likely for the property and not per head and unlikely to go up. But again different orgs different T&Cs so that needs to be checked.)

Qualifications: I moved a homeless man into my council flat 12 years ago and now he's my husband and we've moved on to private renting since.
    I know first hand the housing associations don't really care about the living conditions of their tennants they just don't want to leave themselves open to being sued for things they can't claim they didn't know about as it was happening.

They will not allow 2 people who legally speaking require 2 bedrooms to rent a 1 bedroom flat and them knowing about it upfront (or at least they cannot be seen to be allowing it). However should that property have a black mould problem that they covered with a fresh lick of paint between tennants, when the new tennant discoveres it innevitably returning and reports it they will blame the new tennant for not opening windows if the depths of winter and refuse to send workers to fix the issue for literally years.

• They won’t offer anything more than a one bed or studio for him so even if I move in one of us is without a bedroom or jabbing to share, that’s what he argued with the council but they won’t have it

• seems a rubbish excuse... cant you just move in anyway without the council knowing? if i was the father in that situation id insist youd stay anyway whether i get allowance for it or whether the landlord allows it or not... the council never checks anyway