Late diagnosed Autism

Hi all,

I was diagnosed two years ago at the age of 26 after struggling for most of my life. Since being diagnosed I have found that i am finding it harder to do things that previously I was able to do. My anxiety is at an all time high, I’m really struggling in regards to car journeys, which previously I loved. I’m having issues at work due to me overthinking and not being able to let stuff go. And I didn’t know if this was something that is common or not? I’m really struggling at the moment as I feel as if I can’t do anything and I’m missing out on life. I don’t want to have to cause myself stress 24/7 so I’m avoiding situations. I’ve tried different things to help when I’m feeling particularly anxious, such as my noise cancelling headphones and having something to fidget with, but I feel as if I’m always on the verge of a meltdown. Can anyone else relate to this and is there anything I can do to help myself further? Disappointed

Parents
  • I can relate 100% to your post. I am 31 and was recently diagnosed with ADHD & ASD. I sought an assessment via Right to Choose but have been left in no mans land with no support or follow ups. Im currently looking for some occupational therapy to help me deal with day to day things as i really cant juggle work, relationships, hobbies and my own mental/physical health. 

I live in Huddersfield and there seems to be very little here for Adults and my GP is no help whatsoever. 

Have you managed to find anything to help?

• I can relate 100% to your post. I am 31 and was recently diagnosed with ADHD & ASD. I sought an assessment via Right to Choose but have been left in no mans land with no support or follow ups. Im currently looking for some occupational therapy to help me deal with day to day things as i really cant juggle work, relationships, hobbies and my own mental/physical health. 

I live in Huddersfield and there seems to be very little here for Adults and my GP is no help whatsoever. 

Have you managed to find anything to help?

Children