Late diagnosed Autism

Hi all,

I was diagnosed two years ago at the age of 26 after struggling for most of my life. Since being diagnosed I have found that i am finding it harder to do things that previously I was able to do. My anxiety is at an all time high, I’m really struggling in regards to car journeys, which previously I loved. I’m having issues at work due to me overthinking and not being able to let stuff go. And I didn’t know if this was something that is common or not? I’m really struggling at the moment as I feel as if I can’t do anything and I’m missing out on life. I don’t want to have to cause myself stress 24/7 so I’m avoiding situations. I’ve tried different things to help when I’m feeling particularly anxious, such as my noise cancelling headphones and having something to fidget with, but I feel as if I’m always on the verge of a meltdown. Can anyone else relate to this and is there anything I can do to help myself further? Disappointed

Parents
  • My husband was recently diagnosed at the age of 41 a few months  ago. The diagnosis was certainly a shock to him (although not to me and others around us), snd he has certainly been struggling more st times since the diagnosis , and at the moment appears to be in some denial. We have also just had a baby too, so things massively heightened in that too x

• My husband was recently diagnosed at the age of 41 a few months  ago. The diagnosis was certainly a shock to him (although not to me and others around us), snd he has certainly been struggling more st times since the diagnosis , and at the moment appears to be in some denial. We have also just had a baby too, so things massively heightened in that too x

Children
No Data