Cold war history

Just wondered if there are any other Cold War history buffs on here? It is a real special interest of mine and Eastern European history in general

I'd be also really interested to hear what other areas of history people are interested in. I also like South American history and the history of England in the 60s and 70s 

Parents
  • Yes I am, particually 50's and 60's, particually from an aircraft history point of view. Its funny that being born in 1969 and living through the last 20odd years of the cold war I never felt it would turn nasty at any point. That feeling has only happened this year though. Very much enjoyed going to eastern Germany and Poland in 1991 just after things changed. There were still Soviet armed forces deployed there back then, totally fascinating. 

• Yes I am, particually 50's and 60's, particually from an aircraft history point of view. Its funny that being born in 1969 and living through the last 20odd years of the cold war I never felt it would turn nasty at any point. That feeling has only happened this year though. Very much enjoyed going to eastern Germany and Poland in 1991 just after things changed. There were still Soviet armed forces deployed there back then, totally fascinating. 

Children
No Data