Benefits

Hi, I am new to this forum and just looking for some confidential advise. I have a 30 year old autistic son. He lives with his Dad after we separated some years ago. 

I have been struggling for a while due to my sons situation. My son receives high rate mobility benefit which his Dad chose to use his money for a brand new car that my son doesn't have access to as his Dad and new wife use it for themselves. My son also receives high rate care but only gets half of this money and his Dad spends the rest on himself.

His Dad will not let my son have his own money. He can manage bank accounts,pay direct debits etc..his Dad told the benefits people to pay it into his account as my son can't be trusted which is a lie. When I have spoke to his Dad (my ex husband) he stated that if I want my son to have all of his money he will kick my son out of his home. I don't know what to do. His Dad receives care allowance but he never spends anytime with him he just has to sit in the house by himself and next week his dad's leaving him with relatives because he and his new wife are going to Spain for a week. They went Scotland 2 weeks ago without him. They say the car and my sons money is theirs and they will spend it however they want.

Please can you advise me on what I should do

Many thanks

Parents Reply
  • I really wish I could report them but my son feels he can't speak up to his Dad cus he's.scared that he.will be kicked out. 

They made him book a taxi to take him to and from the city centre although they.had the.mobility car on the drive

Children