Shout out why you are proud not to be normal

I feel like the world is constantly trying to force us to be as "normal" as possible. By this I mean, being like everyone else and not being different, not being our autistic selves.

So I thought this would be a nice space for us to say some of things that make us different from NT people and to be proud of them.

I'll start

I like listening to 1970's Eastern European pop and modern German Schlager music rather than whatever is in the charts

I'm starting to develop my own fashion sense rather than trying to be cool and love wearing  football shirts from around the world and vintage 1970's clothes

I have a photographic memory for cricket scores

I use a basic LG keypad phone instead of a smartphone and I avoid most modern tech ( I have a smartphone I keep in a drawer and hardly use just for booking into things etc)

I love ducks and geese and swans and see them as my friends

I have over 200 cuddly animals in a big Ikea unit 

I am facinated by Eastern European history especially the former East Germany

I see the world very differently from how most people seem to and I like it that way

I have no interest in social media

I love being autistic and see it as a blessing rather than a disability 

Please share your stuff below if you would like to 

Parents
  • I have a photographic memory of Doctor Who, every episode, character, speech, and can recall them when I need to info dump about Doctor Who to my family! :) 

I dress in old fashioned clothes, vintage cap, tweed jacket. I get a lot of looks but it makes me happy so why not?

Am obsessed with music from the 80s and own a great collection of vinyl records.

I'm honest, sometimes to a fault, not everyone likes how honest I am but I feel you should always be honest with people even if they don't really want to hear it.

I am very very creative.

Have a healthy obsession in classic cars.

• I love classic cars. Went to a classic car show on Saturday. If you had to pick a favourite which one would it be?

• Hello,

I own a 1976 Land Rover and it is my transport other than my bikes. I would love to add a Route Master bus and a DC3 plane to my fantasy collection. On second thoughts, add a Lotus Seven series two and a Delorean (modified by Doc Brown). What cars did you like at the show?  

• Hello,

I own a 1976 Land Rover and it is my transport other than my bikes. I would love to add a Route Master bus and a DC3 plane to my fantasy collection. On second thoughts, add a Lotus Seven series two and a Delorean (modified by Doc Brown). What cars did you like at the show?  

Children