Universal Basic income

Don't know how many of you have heard about the small trial of this? Its only a few people but they are given a no questions asked payment of £1600pm for two years on the trial. 

I am sure I am not the old one whi thinks this would massivley change their life? I work 38 hours a week and only take home about £1850pm, and every one of those hours is a total slog and a battle againt ASD. I would take 6 months-1 year off and then probably do some voulenteer work doing something I love. Sadly I can't see it coming in any time soon but his would be a game changer for anybody with mental heath issues and physical disabilities. Of course that works as long as there is not massive inflation to go with it and prices remain stable.

What are your thoughts?

Rob

Parents
  • I think it would probably have a massive positive impact not just on people who struggle particularly but on our society as a whole. But unfortunately a lot of people are conditioned into this view that people working their fingers to the bone is the ideal and anyone they perceive as not enduring as much as them is a scrounger who's basically stealing from them.

So I don't see it happening (outside of potential small-scale trials to be completely ignored if the result isn't the one they wanted).

• I think it would probably have a massive positive impact not just on people who struggle particularly but on our society as a whole. But unfortunately a lot of people are conditioned into this view that people working their fingers to the bone is the ideal and anyone they perceive as not enduring as much as them is a scrounger who's basically stealing from them.

So I don't see it happening (outside of potential small-scale trials to be completely ignored if the result isn't the one they wanted).

Children
No Data