Advice for DSA

Hello lovely people - can you help? I have looked at getting the DSA (Disabled Students' Allowance)  to help support me next year at university. However, I have no idea what evidence needs to be submitted, as different websites all seem to say conflicting things. Do I need to send a diagnostic report, a doctor's letter, the disability evidence form or something else? Any advice would be much appreciated :D

Parents
  • I just sent the diagnostic report. They went 'yep that works'. I'd definitely start with that anyway because if they want more they can always ask for it.

If you don't yet have a diagnostic report then it's more complicated, you'd need a GP or possibly psychologist to write a letter explaining what your disability is, and how it affects your study. 

But yeah internet advice is very conflicting but from my standpoint DSA was really quite painless when it came to autism, and the people who did the in person assessment were lovely and provided loads of good ideas of things that could help me. 

• thanks!! I'll do that then :D

Reply Children
No Data