No help, in need of support

so i was diagnosed at 23, and they basically handed me my diagnosis and sent me on my way. no support, no follow up nothing.for some reason they seem to think because i survived 18 years living with my parents i don;t need support.

this is not the case. i currently live alone and my apartment hasnt even been decorated because of financial and phyiscal issues. i don't have a support worker. social worker, and im drowning in debt that i cannot afford. they wont even let me have PIP. i need some help and advice here. i hate phone calls and due to past abuse i mask as being able to support myself when i clearly cannot. any advice or nudge in the right direction will be amazing.

thank you for lending your brains for 10 minutes.

Parents
  • Sadly, there is no support for any adult following a diagnosis, and PIP is very hard to qualify for unless you possibly have some physical disabilities too (not always the case). The first point of call would be citizens advice. They can give you some pointers, and might be able to help you apply for an assessment of needs if you meet the criteria.

If you have money issues, you could contact step change (I think that’s what they are called). Hopefully you will find some solutions to some of your current problems…

• Sadly, there is no support for any adult following a diagnosis, and PIP is very hard to qualify for unless you possibly have some physical disabilities too (not always the case). The first point of call would be citizens advice. They can give you some pointers, and might be able to help you apply for an assessment of needs if you meet the criteria.

If you have money issues, you could contact step change (I think that’s what they are called). Hopefully you will find some solutions to some of your current problems…

Children
No Data