What's your personality type? (MBTI / Enneagram)

Is anyone here into personality typing? I'm a bit of a personality nerd... I've found it fascinating for a while, and it's helped me understand myself better - and also (especially with MBTI) find "my people". 

I'm curious to know what other autistic folks here 'type' as? 

PS. If you only know your results for one of the personality tests, feel free to share just that one :) 

Parents
  • I did the MBTI a few times over the last decade to actually test a theory. My results were different 10 years apart, the maker claims your personality types don't really change from your first result, but that's bull plop because that would mean my default personality is someone experiencing domestic abuse. So frankly I find MBTI/horoscopes/houses/bloodtypes/etc offensive.
    I'll never share my "star sign" or anything else like that, I'm not gonna do work to give a short hand to people too lazy to get to know me as an individual and think I can be summarised in any way.
    It's just another means of creating arbitrary discrimination anyone who says stuff like "oh no, _____ is a libra/capricorn/scorpio/etc we wouldn't get along!" is a horrible person.

• Couldn't the same be said for ASD/ADHD/other neurodivergent labels? I know many people for whom MBTI has been beneficial; IMHO, as with all labels/categorisation, we have to be careful how we use them, but they can be helpful and empowering when used in the right way. Of course, we're all too complicated to be completely defined by any sort of label/diagnosis.

• They don't follow the same standards (scientific or otherwise) so you can't compare either singularly or as a whole practice, a "personality type" to neurotype.
    If other people find junk science useful then good for them, but it won't change the fact that it is used discriminatorily and that I find it offensive.

That sounds oddly aggressive when I read it back (and I have no idea why since I don't have any strong emotion towards you behind the computer screen lol, woops, sorry) so I don't want there to be any misunderstanding: I am just saying there is a reason we get diagnosed with ADHD/ASD?etc and not as an MBTI by the psychiatrists. (Pathologising and ableism issues aside, the physchiatry field is at least held to better scrutiny.) 

Of course, we're all too complicated to be completely defined by any sort of label/diagnosis.

I think you just summed it up best with that.

• They don't follow the same standards (scientific or otherwise) so you can't compare either singularly or as a whole practice, a "personality type" to neurotype.
    If other people find junk science useful then good for them, but it won't change the fact that it is used discriminatorily and that I find it offensive.

That sounds oddly aggressive when I read it back (and I have no idea why since I don't have any strong emotion towards you behind the computer screen lol, woops, sorry) so I don't want there to be any misunderstanding: I am just saying there is a reason we get diagnosed with ADHD/ASD?etc and not as an MBTI by the psychiatrists. (Pathologising and ableism issues aside, the physchiatry field is at least held to better scrutiny.) 

Of course, we're all too complicated to be completely defined by any sort of label/diagnosis.

I think you just summed it up best with that.

Children