Next steps after a screening report

Hello,

I'm looking to hear experiences from people who have been through diagnosis as an adult.

I've recently received a report from a pre-assessment screening with a private organisation. It indicated that I'm likely to be autistic across four questionnaire based tests, and recommended going forward with a diagnostic assessment focusing on a "camouflaging profile".

There was a part of the report that highlighted emotional regulation and internalisation as the two big things I appear to struggle with, and this has already been a really useful observation for me, as I'm in therapy at the moment that I am hopeful will help me to regulate my emotions a bit better. This is a very positive feeling! (Though therapy is hard work to put into practice)

I'm wondering how a report from a full assessment is likely to differ. Am I likely to learn any new information from the process? Might it help me in other ways? It's a fair bit more expensive than the screening and I'm looking to understand what I'm buying.

Thanks, Sam :)

• Well, without the full assessment you don't have a diagnosis, of course.

And yes, the report should be very detailed and include recommendations.

The diagnosis would be really useful for therapy. Most of us don't get a lot out of therapy unless it is properly autism informed and held at it's core.