Waking up.

Anyone have any trouble waking up? Literally since I can remember I struggle to get out of first gear. 
Im pretty sure it’s a dopamine issue. It takes me at least an hour or two to get into second gear. 
interested if any other people have similar issues? I would love to wake up and have the ability to speak lol

does anyone have any tips or tricks to get your brain going?

Parents
  • I don't find transitions easy, either waking up or falling asleep. I long ago gave up putting any pressure on myself to get up in a hurry, obviously except in an emergency. I don't generally need to get up for any particular purpose, I avoid appointments too early in the day. And if i did have to get up for something I would set an alarm for a good 2 hours before I had to leave, one to spend in bed slowly waking up and the other to do the physical things needed to get up and out. That is partly because of my arthritis, but also my brain needs it.

When I wake up these days there is usually a cat staring at me wanting to be fed, which does motivate me to move. My other motivator is my bladder. But then I go back to bed and my husband brings me a coffee. Then my bladder again makes me get out of bed and go eat breakfast. Even then I do sometimes struggle to make myself move!

Even when i was younger and had a bit more energy it felt like my brain didn't fully come online until about noon.

• I don't find transitions easy, either waking up or falling asleep. I long ago gave up putting any pressure on myself to get up in a hurry, obviously except in an emergency. I don't generally need to get up for any particular purpose, I avoid appointments too early in the day. And if i did have to get up for something I would set an alarm for a good 2 hours before I had to leave, one to spend in bed slowly waking up and the other to do the physical things needed to get up and out. That is partly because of my arthritis, but also my brain needs it.

When I wake up these days there is usually a cat staring at me wanting to be fed, which does motivate me to move. My other motivator is my bladder. But then I go back to bed and my husband brings me a coffee. Then my bladder again makes me get out of bed and go eat breakfast. Even then I do sometimes struggle to make myself move!

Even when i was younger and had a bit more energy it felt like my brain didn't fully come online until about noon.

Children
No Data