Waking up.

Anyone have any trouble waking up? Literally since I can remember I struggle to get out of first gear. 
Im pretty sure it’s a dopamine issue. It takes me at least an hour or two to get into second gear. 
interested if any other people have similar issues? I would love to wake up and have the ability to speak lol

does anyone have any tips or tricks to get your brain going?

Parents
  • I’m wondering if Autistic Inertia strikes again, I wake up normally quite early this time of the year, my wife normally gets up first and brings up a cup of tea, I can lay there thinking about moving, but just can’t make that first movement, it’s like there is a barrier preventing me from doing so. The tea will often go cold,  I’m then thinking about trying to get up but that first step often feels impossible. 

Symptoms of autistic inertia

Symptoms of autistic inertia include difficulties “getting started”, getting one’s body in motion and adjusting movements to rapidly changing surroundings. Some people also have difficulty performing a task before they have full understanding of what needs to be done and why.

• I find the best way to beat the inertia is to start with something small.  Blink your eyes deliberately.  Wiggle a finger and then a foot.  Sit up.  Eventually your body gets some momentum going in a new direction. 

• I find the best way to beat the inertia is to start with something small.  Blink your eyes deliberately.  Wiggle a finger and then a foot.  Sit up.  Eventually your body gets some momentum going in a new direction. 

Children
No Data