Waking up.

Anyone have any trouble waking up? Literally since I can remember I struggle to get out of first gear. 
Im pretty sure it’s a dopamine issue. It takes me at least an hour or two to get into second gear. 
interested if any other people have similar issues? I would love to wake up and have the ability to speak lol

does anyone have any tips or tricks to get your brain going?

Parents
  • Coffee, a little more coffee, then a lake of coffee.

It works for me.....no point in trying to speak with me until my 3rd mug has been consumed.  I need 1 litre to start functioning.  I'm currently averaging 3-5 litres per day at the moment.  I sleep like a baby.

Like you Indigo, I'm pretty sure it's a dopamine issue.  

• I have a coke in the morning and that gives me the buzz and energy to get going in the morning. Without it I'd probably never get out of bed.

• FYI.. I'm good mates with the tooth fairy and she reliably tells me that having coke for breakfast is a teeth-rottingly bad life decision in the short to medium term.

See if you can transition onto coffee maybe - or frapachino - your teeth will thank you when you reach your middle age.

[Disambiguation - Tina, please do know that this light advice is sent with only my best wishes and I in no way mean to imply any criticism of you and your coke drinking.  I'm not averse to the odd energy drink now and again myself.....but never for breakfast when my teeth are softest!]

• My dentist told me not to clean my teeth until at least an hour after what she called an acid attack.

• Cool.  I'm glad you can understand me.  Fruit juice is also very high sugar/acidity I'm afraid.  That is one mistake that I definitely made myself, ie saying "fruit juice before bed must be OK....so long as I brush my teeth afterwards.  I did that for years until the dentist explained to .e that "softening/melting" the surface of your teeth with a fruit juice or coke...and then vigorously rubbing away at their surface with a stiff brush and abrasive paste was a BAD idea!  He was right.  I've suffered.

Sorry to prolong the narrative - honestly not trying to bug you here.

• Sadly, the basic chemistry of phosphoric acid and tooth enamel isn't good, AND if you are drinking that no sugar stuff you are playing silly buggers with your pancreas's feedback mechanism. 

If you can eventually find a more tooth friendly alternative that will give you what you need, If you can stand the stuff (or get a taste for it) an unsweetened tea gives you a nice burst of caffeine and some other things that set me up nice for the day, and allows me to look forwards to scoffing some more substantial sweet stuff for breakfast in due course...

I also suspect that because "tea makes you p" it keeps your kidneys busy which may have a bonus in terms of one's general metabolisms ability to shift toxins. Mine seemed to be above average when I experimented with drink and drugs in my yoof....

I've had horrible problems with my dental health only alleviated in my latter years by the application of vitamin D.

OH GOD, I wish that had been made available to me when I was young!

It should be marketted as "One spray a day keeps the dentist away" (I take it as an oral spray, much nicer than a tablet) but then an entire profitable and prestigious industry would shrink markedly...

Edit I am "preaching", but I'm still doing it for your benefit, not my own! 

• Sadly, the basic chemistry of phosphoric acid and tooth enamel isn't good, AND if you are drinking that no sugar stuff you are playing silly buggers with your pancreas's feedback mechanism. 

If you can eventually find a more tooth friendly alternative that will give you what you need, If you can stand the stuff (or get a taste for it) an unsweetened tea gives you a nice burst of caffeine and some other things that set me up nice for the day, and allows me to look forwards to scoffing some more substantial sweet stuff for breakfast in due course...

I also suspect that because "tea makes you p" it keeps your kidneys busy which may have a bonus in terms of one's general metabolisms ability to shift toxins. Mine seemed to be above average when I experimented with drink and drugs in my yoof....

I've had horrible problems with my dental health only alleviated in my latter years by the application of vitamin D.

OH GOD, I wish that had been made available to me when I was young!

It should be marketted as "One spray a day keeps the dentist away" (I take it as an oral spray, much nicer than a tablet) but then an entire profitable and prestigious industry would shrink markedly...

Edit I am "preaching", but I'm still doing it for your benefit, not my own! 

Children
No Data