Help/advice needed

Hello Wave tone1 

I am 36 years old and I was diagnosed last month. I am waiting for the paperwork to reach my GP from psychiatry uk with recommendations of any support for me. 

But in the mean time I am struggling with how to cope with different challenges I have. For example I had a big change recently in my life. Which this week has meant I have had quite a few ‘meltdowns’. This manifests itself in me becoming very overwhelmed, sometimes it comes out in being irritated and even angry and I may shout/scream. Other times it comes out in me just crying my eyes out. 

If anyone else experiences this when they are struggling to cope with a change for example, how do you cope with ‘meltdowns’ ? I just don’t know how to deal with them the right way. 

I’ve always had them off and on, when I was little it was labelled as a mental health problem. And I was told to do deep breathing and count slowly to 10. But this does not really work much. 

I appreciate any experiences or tips you could share! 

Parents
  • If I feel one coming, I try and distract myself and do something I like. Other times they’ve started before I realise it, so I just let it finish, then perhaps nap if I feel tired. I then tend to be non verbal for a few days after. 
    We can try and lessen the changes etc, but some are unavoidable, so we just need to rest more, and worry less about things. Easier said than done lol.

• If I feel one coming, I try and distract myself and do something I like. Other times they’ve started before I realise it, so I just let it finish, then perhaps nap if I feel tired. I then tend to be non verbal for a few days after. 
    We can try and lessen the changes etc, but some are unavoidable, so we just need to rest more, and worry less about things. Easier said than done lol.

Children
No Data