Help/advice needed

Hello Wave tone1 

I am 36 years old and I was diagnosed last month. I am waiting for the paperwork to reach my GP from psychiatry uk with recommendations of any support for me. 

But in the mean time I am struggling with how to cope with different challenges I have. For example I had a big change recently in my life. Which this week has meant I have had quite a few ‘meltdowns’. This manifests itself in me becoming very overwhelmed, sometimes it comes out in being irritated and even angry and I may shout/scream. Other times it comes out in me just crying my eyes out. 

If anyone else experiences this when they are struggling to cope with a change for example, how do you cope with ‘meltdowns’ ? I just don’t know how to deal with them the right way. 

I’ve always had them off and on, when I was little it was labelled as a mental health problem. And I was told to do deep breathing and count slowly to 10. But this does not really work much. 

I appreciate any experiences or tips you could share! 

Parents
  • Hi

I go lie on the bed or sleep when things get too much for me. I spend more time on my own to avoid being overwhelmed. I remind myself that the feeling will pass.

I have been irritable lately

Not great coping skills but they help me x

• Hi

I go lie on the bed or sleep when things get too much for me. I spend more time on my own to avoid being overwhelmed. I remind myself that the feeling will pass.

I have been irritable lately

Not great coping skills but they help me x

Children
No Data